Saturday, November 1, 2014

Self Will vs God's Will

I am such a control freak… I find it difficult to concentrate on my devotionals and bible study when I feel so out of control.  I obsess on the difficulties and disappointments rather than glorifying God for my blessings. 

In Galatians 5:1, Paul teaches that Christ died to free us of our sins, not to do whatever we want to do. Those who tend to indulge themselves fall into sin. Paul writes that we are to live unselfishly and to not allow things that keep us from being saved or growing in Christ.   
In Romans 12:2, Paul warns Christians to be careful of worldly customs because they are usually selfish and corrupt.  We must stand strong against worldly ways.  Only the Holy Spirit can truly renew and transform our minds.  In Romans 8:5 Paul describes people as being divided into two categories; those who are controlled by sin and those who are controlled by the Holy Spirit.

In Matthew 6:33, we are reminded to “seek the Kingdom of God above all else”.  All else!
In 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, Paul warns that our joy, prayers and thankfulness should not fluctuate with our circumstances. When we do God’s will, it is easier to feel more joy and gratitude.

So, with this, I am going to concentrate more on my attitude toward God and His kingdom rather than my worldly expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment