Saturday, October 25, 2014

Power Struggles With God

I have been absent from writing due to some struggles going on in my life.  The truth of the matter is that I am having power struggles with God.  Sometimes it is very hard for me to remember that I am powerless and I want to control every area of my life.  I forget that things happen in His time, not mine.

This morning, I decided I am going to let go, and let God.  I am going to obey God by doing His work.  So I am intently reading His word and doing what He has asked me to do.  So, please forgive me as I confess my anxieties with you so I can infectiously motivate others.
In Psalm 127:2, I am reminded to work while trusting God, and also rest while trusting Him. 
John 14:27, John wants us to understand that the result of the Holy Spirit’s work in our lives offers us a lasting peace. That we have no need to fear the present or the future.  Jesus says all I have to do is accept it from Him.

Well, I know all that…  so…. what is my problem???  
I want resolution yesterday!

It is easy to get impatient and feel hopelessness when my resolve is moving too slowly.  Especially when we are close to the situation, it is difficult to see the progress.  Joshua teaches us that when we look back, we will see God’s hand in it.   Joshua 11:18
And in 1 Samuel 13:11-12, it is recognized how difficult it is to trust God when you feel your resources slipping away.  Saul though his time was running out and he became impatient with God’s timing, so he substituted a ritual for his faith.

When we are faced with difficulties, we should never allow impatience allowing us excuses to ignore or disobey God.  We know God has a plan for us, and often uses delays to test our obedience and impatience.  We should never justify our mistakes or sins because of “special circumstances” because God knows our true motives.  1 Samuel 13:13
In Exodus 2:23-25, God promised to bring the Hebrew slaves out of Egypt.  The people waited a long time for that promise, but He knew the perfect time to rescue them.  God rescues us in His timing, not ours. 

Jesus trusted God’s timing for His life in ministry according to Luke 3:23.  Like Jesus, we need to be patient to receive direction.  We need to trust God’s timing.
I used to sing this song in my gospel bluegrass band: (rest in peace Karen!)
In His time, in His time.  
He makes all things beautiful in His time. 
Lord, show me every day, as You’re teaching me Your way,
that You’ll do just what You say, in Your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment